We have finally released the first batch of iPads to level 5 and level 6 students in the lunch break today Pictures coming up soon
We are getting ready to release the iPads to the level 5 and 6 students… We have written a contract that the students will have to sign… The students will blog on our university VLE (Blackboard) and a selection of blog posts will be posted here. We have also agreed to invite students with their own iPads to also take part in the project, which will allow us to have a greater sample for the study.
Did 1st backup of the Website on my personal computer this morning! Was long overdue! Feel safer now
I have added a menu at the top of the blog for the main blog categories: Project Blog, Project General, App Development (with submenu to MiCourse, MiModule, MiGame and MiGrade), 3rd Party apps and Student Blog. All posts need to be added to the Project Blog category so that every post appears in the Project Blog tab.
I got in touch with the person in charge of the Student Experience Survey, and the fantastic news is that we will be able to compare the results of the students taking part in the survey as a cohort to a comparable group (i.e. those from the same course not taking part, or those from a comparable course). This is really good news. The timescale is perfect also… The new academic year is starting rather well
Had a meeting with Mark today to discuss the loan of the iPads to students. We have agreed that students should blog on a weekly basis and talk about their usage of the iPad. We will have a project meeting in the next few weeks. Students with their own device will be able to contribute to the project also. The next step will be to order 10 more iPads and some iTunes vouchers. We will also have to discuss how we collect data.
The project twitter site was launched today Looking very empty for now, but students, staff and others interested in the project will be able to see the iWestminster project related tweets there…
So feel free to follow @i_Westminster
I have now added an author field to the blog entries (index.php). This will enable us track the student posts when they start using the iWestminster blog to comment and make suggestions during the project trials.
This is the first time that I am using the iPad to post a message on the blog. The drop down menu on the website works very well in the iPad and the iPhone. I have also noticed the fact that the logo is over the blog title on the main blog page because of the viewport size. I will customise the WordPress theme further to solve this issue.
The progress report was sent today to WEX.