I have tested the project website today with an Android phone (borrowed from a student ). All worked very nicely, including the slide effect on the contact page.
I have updated the contact page with Phil’s bio & quote.
I have now developed and uploaded the new contact page. This page has ‘slide’ effect with a slide per team member. The line image also get updated according to the slide the user is watching. I am rather pleased with it. I was ready a few weeks ago, but I still need some bio info from the team.
As mentioned earlier, the JQM team has updated the collapsible design, so that it is now possible for these to have a background or no background. This is a fantastic news for this type of application, as I can really easily display collapsible content with the look that is optimal for the chosen content. This is the major addition to the v1.0 RC1 as described in the release notes.
I’ve also had a discussion with the JQM team regarding the possible loss of the bottom rounded corner on the last collapsible header when expanded, see github issue 2584. This will not be implemented but I could still do it if the iWestminster team felt that it was necessary.
Did 1st backup of the Website on my personal computer this morning! Was long overdue! Feel safer now
Todd Parker, jQueryMobile Project lead, confirmed by email today that my rounded corner issue (1751 under github) is now fixed and fully part of the new jQuery Mobile release. This new release has caused a new change and we have to decide as a team whether we like the new look of the collapsed collapsible. This now has a background colour. This was reported by MauriceG as issue 2467 . The JQM team is now looking at possibly removing the background colour and offering the user the choice to ‘opt-in’. Will update as this become available.
I have added a menu at the top of the blog for the main blog categories: Project Blog, Project General, App Development (with submenu to MiCourse, MiModule, MiGame and MiGrade), 3rd Party apps and Student Blog. All posts need to be added to the Project Blog category so that every post appears in the Project Blog tab.
I got in touch with the person in charge of the Student Experience Survey, and the fantastic news is that we will be able to compare the results of the students taking part in the survey as a cohort to a comparable group (i.e. those from the same course not taking part, or those from a comparable course). This is really good news. The timescale is perfect also… The new academic year is starting rather well
Had a meeting with Mark today to discuss the loan of the iPads to students. We have agreed that students should blog on a weekly basis and talk about their usage of the iPad. We will have a project meeting in the next few weeks. Students with their own device will be able to contribute to the project also. The next step will be to order 10 more iPads and some iTunes vouchers. We will also have to discuss how we collect data.
The project twitter site was launched today Looking very empty for now, but students, staff and others interested in the project will be able to see the iWestminster project related tweets there…
So feel free to follow @i_Westminster